Thursday, April 20, 2023

Dancing for a Character's Soul


 There's a bit of a story behind - and in front of - this photo of me from, well, behind.  I knew nothing about what was to happen that morning, I just knew I was supposed to meet Roxy behind the curtain of the largest stage at Studio M, which I did, finding her dressed all in black, something not too unusual for her.  I'll paraphrase what he asked me to do: "Pick a song you can dance to, dance to with feeling.  Depending on the song and the dance I'm going to create your character for a movie I'm writing.  But just so you know, there will be an audience watching you."  "How about I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston," I said kissing her.  She wiped away a happy tear and smiled.

So after a couple of minutes the music started and the curtain opened and I couldn't see a thing beyond the stage: the fog machine was cranking and the stage lights were bright and pointed at me while the room beyond was dark.  Per Roxy's request, I had worn a small one-piece dress I could easily strip away and was barefoot; undies were optional so I wore some.

As I began to dance my own somewhat awkward but revealing dance I tried to let myself become someone else, someone I could be but wasn't.  By the time the final crescendo burst into the room I was feeling more confident and think I did a pretty damn good job dancing dramatically for a 72-year-old woman.  As the music disappeared I tried to become nobody while still on the stage.

When it was over there was more applause than I had anticipated: when Roxy said an audience I thought there would be maybe 30 - 40 people that typically show up at my filming, but the theater was slammed full - maybe around 250 people!  And every single one of them dressed in black while I stood nude (except for the panties) in front of them!

Anyway, Roxy did as she said and created my character from my dance.  It's an unusual movie based somewhat on the old late 60's TV show The Prisoner.  Fog was used extensively in the pilot and I was always, always nude (well except for the panties) while everyone else is clothed in black.  I won't go into the plot here, but the execs back on the west coast loved it and ordered 8 episodes.

Gotta hand it to Roxy; I'm sure that I will always love her. . .

Marti (OYO)

5 comments:

Art said...

Looks so hot Marti. Just incredible 😘😘

anotheroneofnone said...

As cheesy as it sounds, I love your love.

TheMaskedHillbilly said...

It is an awesome shot and the story behind is really cool. The tiny thong is hot as fuck Sexy, and of course THE TITS are absolutely wondrous.

I really dig Roxy's style, with such an amazing fount of inspiration finding unique ways to draw from it has to be fun. Hopefully when she starts her blog here we'll get more insights into her writing process.

anotheroneofnone said...

And also: I don't think McGoohan would have wanted to leave as badly and definitely wouldn't have minded those orbs capturing him. (Prisoner fan here.)

Andre Clifton said...

That is beautiful and seductive. Performing for an audience that you can't see. You in your natural element and baring all for them to enjoy. Truly beautiful