Sunday, December 18, 2022

To a Good Dog

Dear Macy,

You were a good dog.  Yeah, I know, I used to get aggravated with you sometimes when you were over aggressive when begging for food, but it was minor compared to the love you gave.  You died tonight in Daniel's arms as I sat next to you.  Eleven years ago you were a lost puppy dodging traffic on a busy street. A kind policeman picked you up.  You were matted and dirty and full of fleas.  We gave you a home and you lived life to the fullest.  I will miss your licks, I will miss your love.

Surely there is more room for love in God's great heaven than there is here on earth.

🐶

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

paulhere100- So sorry to hear about the loss. A good dog is a treasure, but at least they did not go alone or scared but in the arms that were full of love. The angels just got a new friend to help them out upstairs. Wishing all of you the very best.

Steve said...

R.I.P. Doggo.

Art said...

Not a dog lover but I feel your pain. 😘😘

anotheroneofnone said...

I am so sorry. We can strive to be as good as they think we are.

TheMaskedHillbilly said...

Real sorry for your loss. I'm sure Macy lived their best life, surrounded by the most amazing people who loved them.

NorthNJMale said...

I am so sorry to hear your fur baby is gone...no words can express or ease the loss and pain. my deepest condolences.

Wookiee42 said...

So sorry for your loss. Fur babies make such a large impact on our souls. Hold on to those golden memories

Feelgood said...

Damn 🤬

Redmagnum79 said...

Sorry for your lost I know how you feel because I lost a dog recently he was like a family friend